Thursday, March 4, 2010

Kindness Begins with Me

Well I am on a Kindness kick today. As members of the true church of Jesus Christ we believe in living exemplary lives. I am actually admonished in my partirachal blessing to be careful, kind, and tender, and diplomatic, kind, and tolerant. That is being reminded to be kind two times. Needless to say this admonishment has haunted me now for over 33 years. And I would like to be able to say that at the moment that I received my blessing I was able to embrace those lines. Actually not so. It has taken me almost 33 years to become pretty good at being Kind, careful, tender, diplomatic, and tolerant. And I still am not perfect. But to my posterity, I say, learn it in your youth. Choose now to be all of those things. The price of kindness is self-restraint, and it is worth its weight in gold. I do believe in being kinder than the situation requires. Always. There are too many examples in my life of when I wished that I had been kinder. Now that I am a kinder person, I think of all the hurt that being unkind caused...it is such a waste. And all the saddness that being kind could prevent. It is very like our Savior to be kind, and merciful, tender, and tolerant. He has given us so many examples. I hope you will join me this week in my personal goal to be kinder to everyone than I have ever been. Especially kind to those you love most. Love, MOM

3 comments:

Joel & Megan said...

Hi Mom. This is Joel.
I loved reading your blog today with Megan.

Joel & Megan said...

Hey Mom. This is Megan. I enjoyed reading your post. I will take your challenge :) and be a little kinder.

Elise said...

Thanks mom for this post...very touching.